Areas of Practice:
- Corporate Law
- Mining Law – Energy Sector
- Public and Private Procurment
- Financial Law (Insurance Law)
- Project Management on infrestructure and energy sector projects
- Dispute Resolution
Carlos, partner of Muñoz Tamayo & Asociados, has had extensive experience advising clients in corporate law, financial law, mining law and structuring and execution of projects.
Over the last six years, Carlos served as Legal Manager of CCX Colombia S.A. (Coal Mining Project). Between 1998 and 2011, he was an Attorney at Muñoz Tamayo & Asociados, where he actively participated in important privatization processes such as ECOGAS (TGI), the acquisition of operations in Colombia of Delima Companies by Marsh & Mclennan, and the granting of a foreign credit to the company Hocol by BNP Paribas. Also important to highlight is his participation in the first process of a Leniency program in Colombia before the SIC (Superintendence of Industry and Commerce).
Earlier on in his career, Carlos was an attorney in the Aircraft Negotiation Department at Avianca, one of the most important airlines in Latin America (1997). Additionally, he was professor for the course International Finance System in the Economics Faculty of Universidad del Rosario (2007-2011).
- Master of international Trade Law. (LL.M.), University Technology of Sydney, Sydney, 2005.
- Specialist in Insurance Law, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. Colombia, 1999.
- Law Degree, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. Colombia, 1996.
- “The Banking Regulation Review” Chapter 7 – Colombia. Law Business Research Ltd. 2010 and 2011.
- “Las sociedades por documento privado – El Decreto 4463 de 2006 no mejora el panorama de la Ley 1014. Portafolio Magazine. February de 2007.
- “Lo bueno y lo malo de las sociedades por documento privado -Ley 1014 de 2006”. Portafolio Magazine. August 24, 2006.
- “Cómo Opera la Garantía de Seriedad de Oferta”. Portafolio Magazine. Octuber 19, 2006.
Boards of Directors:
- MPX Colombia S.A. (Part of EBX Group), 2008.
- Münchener de Colombia S.A., 2007-2008.